About Me

My photo
United States
Mother/Grandmother/Hairstylist/ Ex-Wrestler/Ex-Stripper/Ex- Adult Magazine Model... Who Currently Has A Few Videos On Youtube... :-D

Monday, December 29, 2014

Nightmare Before Christmas

It's almost the end of 2014... and I'm learning everything about how to deal with the aftermath of a flood that transpires where you reside...


I was woke up by my son on December 4th (he NEVER wakes me up- usually it is me who has to wake him up) - he told me "be careful getting out of bed the whole house is wet"
I put my feet on the ground and realized the water went up to my ankles!

I tried to find the source of the flooding... checked all the pipes etc & my son kept saying "I hope I didn't clog the toilet" - I looked everywhere but did not see any toilet paper... much less any shit.

I started sweeping the water out the front door and the kitchen door... but noted it didn't really seem to help.- I then grabbed my lil vacuum cleaner (which is NOT a wet vac) & started vacuuming - I was sucking up about 2 gallons every 10 mins & then dumping it on the front lawn...  after 8 hrs of non stop draining the carpet... I went to bed despite the carpet still being wet...

I woke up and it stank so bad! - I threw in the towel and decided to call the professionals...
Service Masters... they arrived and instantly started cutting up the carpet...

from that point I started filming all the crazy stuff that has and is transpiring....
I am calling the videos "Nightmare Before Christmas" & clearly- the "Nightmare" will be lasting long after Christmas.

Who knew an inch of water could cause so much damage??????

I may be complaining- but I'm counting my blessings at the same time...
I'm grateful I can pack my stuff... a lot of people who encounter a flood... do not get to salvage anything.

Oh- and the mystery of the flood was solved... a week later... when it happened again.

CLICK SUBSCIBE TO THE VLOG PLAYLIST - Miss Ruby Tuesday- "NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS" AT YOUTUBE TO STAY UPDATED ON THE OUTCOME...
There are currently 16 videos... all reflecting what to expect if you encounter a similar scenario... I am in the process of packing everything in the house and having to move to a temporary apt... until the house is deemed "safe to live in" again...
                                                         
Needles To Say... I'm ready for that drink on New Years Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment