About Me

My photo
United States
Mother/Grandmother/Hairstylist/ Ex-Wrestler/Ex-Stripper/Ex- Adult Magazine Model... Who Currently Has A Few Videos On Youtube... :-D

Monday, August 7, 2023

Miss Ruby Tuesday- Another MOHS Surgery Required!

Once again... my love for the tanning salons in the 80s & 90s has come back to haunt me... or as my dermatologist calls it 'Sins Of The Past" - Tanning beds destroy the 1st 3 layers of the skin & it takes 2 or more decades before you see the damage done. - I believed the hype when tanning beds first came on the scene- "safer than the sun" I also enjoyed the warmth & 20 mins of daily relaxation.- fast forward to the 2000's - & I have now endured over 20 Basal Cell & Squamous Cell removal surgeries - 2 on my chest (Basal Cell) & the 18 surgeries- (now 19) on my lower legs (squamous cell) - Basically the skin closest to the bone- the thinnest skin. most of the surgeries I entailed before 2010 avg 2 or 3 a year- now I avg the need for surgery about once a year or every 2 yrs.... & the majority of the sugeries- I have been able to get stitches- MOHS surgery does not allow me to have stitches as the location of the surgery & the width & depth of the cut requires "open wound healing" - basically 4 months of daily wound care to prevent a staph infection.- Seriously- JUST SAY NO TO TANNING BEDS - you may look great at the time...but in time... your skin will require a bunch of surgeries to remove the damage. #MOHS #SquamousCell #SayNoToTanningBeds http://www.missrubytuesday.com http://www.twitter.com/msrubytuesday http://www.akamissrubytuesday.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment